Who said fun lies behind closed doors?

It is now 12am. I was gonna log off my pc and go to bed but I saw today's orkut fortune. It read "Share your happiness with others today". So right away I came in here. Today was one of the best days of my life. It was our second house warming ceremony. Actually we had constructed a new storey(we means not literally us. I meant the masons and of course the engineer) and my dad had organized a small biriyani party to all the laborers and my relatives. To be frank it wasn't small, two goats had sacrified their lives for today's lunch. They were immolated for the biriyani the cook prepared. It is a tradition in India that they boil milk early morning after the prayers and the people drink it as sacred milk and the event is called as "Paal Kaachiraanga" in tamil (Verbatim translation to english would be 'milk boiling' :P). Everyone were there when they were boiling the milk but I was busy singing a duet with Kutti pisasu Vedika. Don't panic guys. I was sleeping as usual and dreaming (People say morning dreams will come true. Somebody please tell me if that's true). It was 5am and that's midnight for me. I got up at 9 am and that was pretty early according to my modus operandi.

My mom brought the milk and asked me to drink it after saying "Bismillah" but there was one condition. I was supposed to brush my teeth. I got ready in about ten minutes and my kinsmen and kinswomen started coming in. It was fun all the way. I were a person who spend a lot of time for my friends but now I am changed man. Family comes first to me. I was surprised to see all my matrikins and patrikins coming to my home. The best thing was even those who don't talk to each other (this usually happens in Indian families. People fight with their relatives and they don't talk for years) met, talked , patched up and it was a pleasure to see that happen. There were small kids all over my house. Some call me fahad chachu, some fahad maamu, some fahad anna and some don't even know who I am (they are too young to recognize me :P). We meet all our relatives only in such events. I didn't knew before that spending time for family would be so much fun. Arranging the lunch, distributing the biriyani to family members, compelling them to eat more and most of all watching these things happen in swiftness gave me immense happiness. After lunch everyone sat and talked in circles. Two funniest things happened today. One was a debate about who is the best? Me or my dad. The older patrikins were in favour of my dad and the younger ones were on my side. The second one was about my marriage. Who is gonna find a bride for me? Where should she be from? Should she be urdu speaking or tamil speaking? These were the questions that were put forward to me. Lol. "I don't know. Whatever my mom says, that's okay to me" I replied politely.

Who said fun lies behind closed doors alone? Of course that's different kind of fun. Come out of the closed doors and spend sometime for your family, then you will know what actually fun means. :)

P.S:- I am also happy for some other reason. I got a testimonial from my long distant friend Ishika. She is the best friend anyone can have. And one thing made me sad today. I was missing my miyu darling in the function. If she were there, it would have been the best function in my family.

11 comments:

ABDUL AZEEZ said...

Ma hearty congratulations for de new house!...

Dont worry bro!, u ll get a good bride as de way u like!.. God Bless!

Fahad Y Mohammed said...

Insha allah.. Thanks a lot bro..

Raja Mohammed R M said...

mama...ennada ipellam romba bakthimaan maathiri pesara!!![:O]..enna aachu unnaku...Namba mudiyavillai..vialli..villai..

Btw, ishika romba close aaitaalo???[:P]

Unknown said...

its good that you posted the photo.... old memories of that house always knock my head.......

Fahad Y Mohammed said...

Dai raja.. vaazhkai sila nodigaliley maarividum bothu naan mattum enna vidhi vilakka.. yes.. ish is my intimate friend.. :P

Fahad Y Mohammed said...

dai iyeru check my orkut album.. I have added some pics there..

Unknown said...

buddy u r a nice blogger i mst say..:)..nd ur home is too so beautiful over all....ohohohohoho,mammas boyyyyyy...thts so swtttt...will surely gt nice,swtheartd bride dear...may allah bless u..nd ur all dreams cm true...(at last thnx fr those P.S. wrds buddy...u r lucky tht u gt miyu darling...nd m lucky havin a buddy like uuuuuu

Ayesha said...

ohh my god... u hv changed tis much!!! finding fun in spending tym wid family....! tats realyy cutee...:)
all those smal smal tings u mentioned realy mean alottt....
stay the same ever:) nd sure fr ur sweet luvable heart evryting vl go gud nd ull get mre n mre luv.... nd vateve u wish vl be fulfilld:)

Fahad Y Mohammed said...

@ Ish Thanks a ton.. Are you lucky or is it the other way round? Insha Allah.. Lets see...

Fahad Y Mohammed said...

@ Ayesha I hope so. Nothing is in my hands.. Thanks anyways..

anu said...

hi ur home is cho chweeet i like very much.the phrase "HOME SWEEEET HOME" IS CORRECTLY MATCHING FOR UR HOME.I ADMIRED UR HOME FOR 1O MORE MINUTES.BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE BYE.

top